Configuring named files...

From: Cenon B.C. Marana, Jr. <bonn_at_durian.usc.edu.ph>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:30:34 +0800 (HKT)

Hello!

I am currently trying to configure our DNS.

I have already added this in my hosts.db file

domain.name IN MX 10 a.domain.name
domain.name IN MX 20 b.domain.name

Note:

a.domain.name is a Digital UNIX
b.domain.name is a Windows NT server

I am trying to send mail to mailtest (an account in b.domain.name).
However, it seems that when I address it like :

        mailtest_at_domain.name

It checks the first MX entry.. however since it cannot find the user
mailtest at the first MX entry, it does not go the next MX entry but just
immediately sends an error message like "Username unknown".

What more have I missed?

Confused,
Bonn
:)