MSB audio board won't work

From: John Lyon <lyon_at_tinman.dartmouth.edu> <lyon_at_tinman.dartmouth.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 16:07:05 -0400

Hi,

I have an Alphastation 500/400 with the Microsoft Sound Board. The system does not believe that
any audio device is available. For example, audiocontrol returns "No wave devices found".
The system kernel configuration file seems to be O.K. with a
"controller msb0 at * vector msbintr" line and the kernel has been rebuilt. Setld -v and
fverify don't find any problems with the MMEDRVMSB220 subset that's installed.

The boot messages include a "NVRAM contents invalid, using driver Fast10 results", so I suspect
the NVRAM has not been set properly. I have the ECU diskette, but can't figure out how to get it
to load. If I type "ECU" at the boot monitor prompt with the diskette in the drive, I get
messages that the ECU configuration is running and then the system goes automatically into a
unix reboot. The floppy drive light never comes on during this process.

John Lyon
lyon_at_tinman.dartmouth.edu