DU to mainframe FTP

From: Mike Grau <m.grau_at_kcc.state.ks.us>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 12:13:07 -0500

On an Alpha 3000/800s DU3.2c:

I need to run a CRON that starts a FTP macro which daily transfers a
file ascii mode from the Alpha to an IBM mainframe. The file has a line
length of 500 bytes, yet when transfered to the mainframe shows a record
length of 80. Why? And how can I send the file in the ascii mode and
have the mainframe see a 500 byte record length.

Sorry if this is a no-brainer, but I can't find any info about this in
the man pages. Sincere TIA.... Mike G