DS700 Terminal server support SW.

From: Carmelo Granja <C.Granja_at_med.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 14:38:27 -0400

Gentlemen,

We are presently using a DS700 terminal server with 8MB memory for
connections from remote sites, mostly using the ppp protocol. In the
past we had very few problems while the modems were 14.4KB. Lately, we
have upgraded a couple of lines to support 28.8Kb and 33.6Kb and
problems with the server occur quite frequently.

The software supporting the TS700 is DS700 V1.1. The loading of RAM is
done from a OpenVMS VAX with module WWENG2.SYS

a) Is there anyone having similar problems ?

b) Could someone comment possible updates and/or patches that may
improve the situation. Particularly using DU as a host.

c) Is there any SW available capable of doing Server Assignment of IP
addresses instead of Manually assigned.

I will summarize any answers

 Carmelo Granja
 Manager, Medical Computing Resource.