SUMM: SAMBA on Digital Unix

From: Dick Abraham <abrahad_at_gov.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 14:44:25 -0400 (EDT)

Many thanks to all those listed below and everyone else who
helped me with responses to my question about Samba.

Tom Webster
Carlos A M dos Santos
Gustavo Gibson da Silva
Tim Winders
n.madden
wdkamps
Eric R. Crane
Matt White
Kirk Rafferty
Richard Eisenman
Oisin McGuinness
Paul Mitchell

I don't remember getting such an enthusiastic response about a product
as I got about Samba. Everyone, bar none, really liked it.

I downloaded it about 2 hours ago and have already compiled, configured and
used it. So far it is couldn't be going smoother.

It is available at the Samba sight in Australia.

  http://lake.canberra.edu.au/pub/samba/samba.html

Thanks again to this incredible mailing list and all the incredible
people making it what it is.

Richard

p.s. My original question:

 Does anyone have any knowledge of a product called Samba which is supposed
 to allow a PC running a Windows product to see and use a Unix file system
 as though it were a shared drive on another PC.

 I would like to know if anyone has it working and, if possible, what they
 think of it and where they got it.