Anyone have trouble with mv?

From: David Bremer <DaveB_at_healthotago.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:36:28 +1200

I've just had a minor (is there any such thing?) catastrophe with using
mv to sort out some used vs unused scripts

I had a list of used scripts in a file .
I read that into a "while" (using ksh) that mv'd them to a dir called
"used"
then I moved the remaining contents of the target dir to "unused"
then mv'd the used/* back into the original directory

BUT

a number of files are missing - not on the machine ANYWHERE!!!

Is there / was there / a problem with mv that I should have patched????

anyone else had this prob

oh woe is me :-(

Dave

--
Clinical Account Manager, Information Systems
Healthcare Otago (Dunedin NZ)