Summary:email

From: <Mark.Scarborough_at_tenet.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 97 11:29:22 -0500

Thanks group! I have received many replies so far, but Richard Eisenman
<eisenman_at_tricity.wsu.edu> was the first response and his answer was exactly
what I was looking for.

eisenman_at_tricity.wsu.edu said:
> Sure, just use a sendmail include file. Proceedure as follows:
> Create a file or files of user addresses in the normal format. Create
> an alias in this pattern:
> allusers::include:/etc/allusers.txt where allusers is the alias for
> addressing the list, and /etc/allusers.txt is the above mentioned
> text file of addresses. BTW the path need not be /etc, that's just
> where I prefer to put them.

Just being paranoid (my mail server is sometimes fragile...) I broke the list
of 43,000 names into 43 lists of 1,000 names each and created 43 aliases for
them.

This seems to be working well, and does not end up with hugh headers on the
message because the To: is the alias name and not 1,000 usernames.

I love this group!

mark

--
Mark Scarborough