Configuring SW300 box under ADVFS/LSM

From: rajesh kapoor <rajesh.kapoor_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 04:36:07 +0300

Dear managers,

I have a DEC7000 system running DU3.2c and ADVFS/LSM configured disks. The
system is fully configured.

I am trying to add a SW300 box with HSZ40 controller and RZ29B X 7 disks
to the system on one of the KZMSA channel.

What problems I can anticipate in configuring the SW300 box under
ADVFS/LSM. What about RAID configuration. I understand that HSZ40 is a
RAID controller. Can I configure the drives as RAID and still use it to
mirror the exhisting volume or should I possibly configure the disks as
JBOD.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh Kapoor