Attaching a Genicom printer to Com1 port on a 2100 server

From: Louis Ingalls <esolutns_at_icomnet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:32:21 -0400

I am trying to attach a Genicom printer to Com1 port on a Alpha 2100
server. The OReilly book indicates that OSF is BSD spooling. If I look
at spool directory for the new printer is is owned by "daemon" which is
correct according to book but other print spool directories are
"root system"?? Do I have to do makedev for the Genicom printer?
I used addprinter with an unknow printer type and it set printtab
the same as I did manually ie ct=dev??? Any help would be appreciated
as I am obviously not a Unix admin expert.