SUMMARY: Serial speed

From: Vahur Sinijarv <vahur_s_at_mv.parnu.ee>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 17:07:04 +0000

I got it straight thanks to Dr. Tom Blinn

My original question

Does anyone know how to set speed of serial ports higher than 33.6
Kbit/sec. Machine is AlphaServer 400/4 166 running DU3.2a. It doesn't
seem possible to me but even a low-rate PC has serial ports capable of
115.2 Kbit/sec. It is really strange if the limit is such ...

Solution

On your old version of Digital UNIX, what you see is what you get. If
you want higher serial port speeds, you need a more current version of
UNIX. We did add support for much higher speeds in later releases.

Vahur
Pa"rnu County Government
Estonia