EISA NIC not showing up

From: Paul Kitwin <PAUKIT_at_HBSI.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:40:45 -0700

The problem is:

I have an AS8400 running Digital UNIX 3.2g. I have added the EISA
bridge option to the PCI cage. I have discovered that I need to use an
EISA/ISA card in slots 1 and 3 of the cage (slots 0 and 2 are occupied
by the EISA bridge converter).

I am adding (or rather trying to add) a DE425-AA EISA Network card in
slot 3 (slot 1 is being used by a Digi 16 channel).

When I run the EISA Configuration Utility (ECU), it appears to work. At
the console level, when I run "show config" the card appears in the EISA
slot as ew0, but when I type "show ew*", it does not appear.

Neither does it show up when booting genvmunix to configure the kernel.

This is the 2nd card I've tried.

Alas, I am saddened.

Any insight?

Peace on earth,