Problems running xdm or dtlogin from a PC running Exceed for Win 95

From: Guy Dallaire <dallaire_at_total.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 19:04:01 -0400

Hello,

I'm trying to get a login box from a PC running Exceed for Windows 95. One
of the server is runnign DU 3.2x with xdm, and the other is running DU 4.0b
with CDE (dtlogin)

On both machines, I get the following message(s) from Exceed:

Fatal error: XDM session declined OR
Fatal error: XDM authorization failure

I'm running with the XDCMP-Query mode.

The 4.0b box was installed by someone else and I'm wondering if it was
installed OK (I'm not familiar yet with 4.x) because the manuals say that
if you want to modify some config files (eg: Xservers) you have to copy the
file from /usr/dt/config to /etc/dt/config/, in our case, there is NO
/etc/dt/config directory! Instead there is a /etc/dt/appconfig/config
directory...

Also, note that /etc/dt is a symlink to /var/.dt on this particular
machine. Is this normal ?

Thanks

Guy Dallaire, DMR Consulting Group
Phone: (418) 653-6882, Ext 6072