Question about increasing Swap Space

From: J. Scott Branscum <SCOTTB_at_clackamas.cc.or.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 08:34:52 -0800

Hello Alpha managers,
 I have a question about increasing swap space. I have
increased the swap space on my Alpha by adding 1GB on another disk
to the 256MB already existing. I am doing this because I am going to
upgrade my RAM from 256 MB to 1024MB. My question is: Am I right in
thinking that I don't need to rebuild the kernel when increasing swap? I
have checked swapon -s after rebooting and adding the new swap to
the /etc/fstab and it indicates the new swap exists. My boss would like
confirmation that a kernel rebuild isn't necessary.
Thanks,
J. Scott Branscum
Operations Manager
Information Technology Services