Finding new SCSI controller

From: William R. Pearson <wrp_at_alpha0.bioch.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 09:55:43 -0400

I have just installed a KXPDA-AA PCI controller in an Alpha 2100 4/275.

"show device" and "show config" find the controller (and the disk
attached to it), but I do not see a device listed in /var/adm/messages
that can be used to MAKEDEV or partition the disk. Do I need to
reconfigure the kernel? (GENERIC refers to the QLOGIC controller, but
my kernel configuration file does not.) "doconfig" did not add a
reference to the QLOGIC controller.

A pointer to hardware configuration documentation (on the CDROM) would
also be appreciated.

I am running Digital Unix 4.0B.

Bill Pearson