[Q] Help with DU4.0B

From: system PRIVILEGED account <root_at_genetique.uvsq.fr>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:24:45 +0100 (WET DST)

Dear Gurus,

I've just installed DU4.0B. Coming from DU3.2C, I had to use a new system
disk (the previous one was too small) and I made a full install rather
than an upgrade. Now I have zillions of stupid problems that you can
certainly solve....

1) problem with the max number of allowed users.
   The command "lmf list" returns:

   Product Status Users: Total Active

OSF-USR active 4 4
OSF-USR active, multiple 4 4
FORTRAN-O active unlimited
OSF-BASE active unlimited
OSF-BASE active, multiple unlimited
OSF-BASE active, multiple unlimited
NET-APP-SUP-200 active unlimited

  As far as I can see, OSF-USR is loaded but the system complains that the
  maximum of allowed users (4) is already logged in. I expect to have
  an unlimited number of users (I have the DecCampus licence). There must be a
  small trick somewhere...

2) When I log from my NCD X-tube, I get hosts of complains such as:

   Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface user-medium-blah-blah..."
   Warning: Missing charsets in String to Fontset conversion

   I added the path "/usr/dt/config/xfonts/C/" to the font directories
   in the NCD setup, but to no avail.

   I have also the following message in errorlog:

   "Workspace manager: Invalid key specification on line 124 ( and 130 and 131)
    of configuration file /usr/dt/config/C/sys.dtwmrc"

    One of the consequence (I think) is that dtmail open its windows with
    a proportional font and that the DEL key erases the NEXT character...

    There is certainly something clever to tell the NCD tube...

3) When I was under DU3.2C, I used Exmh as my preferred mailer.
   Now that dtmail seems adequate, I'd like to try it.
   Problem: I can't open the folders that were created by Exmh and, as a
   consequence, I can't read the messages that I saved from this list...
   For the very moment, I would prefer not to reinstall Tcl/Tk and Exmh...

Thank you for your help!

Jean-Loup

Jean-Loup Risler risler_at_genetique.uvsq.fr
Laboratoire Genome et Informatique Universite de Versailles