automated ftp'ing with DU3.2c

From: George Gallen <ggallen_at_slackinc.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 12:01:00 EDT

I am attempting to setup a cron job to daily run a script to ftp a file
to another site. I tried placing the ftp commands in a file then
executing 'ftp othersite < scriptcommands' but ftp does not seem to
see the commands. I have tried piping the commands in also no good
(the man page said it wouldn't work, but I tried it anyway). I also tried
including the ftp itself in the script and executing that way and again
it wouldn't get past the initial ftp. The .netrc file I thought was for
incoming
ftp requests.

So how do I setup an automated ftp session?

TIA
George Gallen
ggallen_at_slackinc.com