How does one buy DU layered products media?

From: Mark Bartelt <mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:13:35 -0400

I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to easily answer this.
I've spent nearly an hour fruitlessly searching through some of the
twisty-turny passages at Digital's web site, trying to find out what
the order number is for the most recent edition of Digital's layered
products CD for DUnix (just the media; we already have PAKs for all
the products we'd want to use, via CSLG).

The latest copy we have is a couple years old, and there have since
been new releases of Fortran (we do have a recent field test of DEC
Fortran, but would like to get the "official" version), and now that
CSLG covers Fortran-90 and C++, it seems sensible to get the latest
versions of those, too.

I've tried the online Alpha Applications Catalog. I've also tried
the Digital Interactive Catalog, and the online Systems and Options
catalog. I've tried the Digital Fortran home page, and a number of
links from there. No luck. The closest I've come is the following,
which (from the prices!) appears to be the cost of the software WITH
appropriate license(s) ...

 Order # QL-MV2AE-AA
 Description Digital Fortran for Digital UNIX (Workgroup Class)
 US$ Price $2,900.00

 Order # QL-MV2AG-AA
 Description Digital Fortran for Digital UNIX (Departmental Class)
 US$ Price $5,900.00

  [ etc. ]

... so this isn't what I want. So ... Any clue as to what Digital's
order number is for the layered products, media only? (Or where, on
what web page, should I be looking?)

As usual, many thanks in advance.

Mark Bartelt 416/978-5619
Canadian Institute for mark_at_cita.utoronto.ca
Theoretical Astrophysics http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~mark

"Nur eine Waffel taugt!" -- Parsifal, in an Eggo commercial