SUMMARY: Swap Space

From: Paul Kitwin <PAUKIT_at_HBSI.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:01:13 -0700

Thanks to everyone who responded (Almost the entire list)

I guess I was the only person that didn't know that swap space could be
added without a reboot. I knew that changing modes required a reboot,
but I couldn't find any confirmation that swap could be added
dynamically (I'm a bit paranoid about making changes on my production
system).

As far as monitoring swap space, I am using DU 3.2X on all of my
systems. Thanks for the advice for the utilities for DU 4.0X, but it
doesn't work in my scenario.

As it turns out, my specific need for monitoring swap came with a bit of
confusion. When I was asked how to monitor swapping, it wasn't so much
from the UNIX side, as it was on the Oracle side (As I now understand,
oracle uses it's own swap file).

Thanks again to all.