Cluster Acronym HELP!!!! - Humorous

From: Mike Hatz <mhatz_at_raven.phs.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 17:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

We have an ASE environment here made up of 2 - 2100s.

The pointy-haired management folks have slapped a label on it, that makes
me want to barf all over their tassled little loafer shoes.

They call it the duck. Digital UNIX Cluster. The Duck. The Duck!!!! Of
all the lame ass pointy haired acronyms. The duck! How
embarrassing. It could also have something to do with how much I HATE the
mighty (expensive to go see play) Dorks of Anaheim.

The real conundrum is that unless I can come up with something better,
before it burns into their little 2K brains, I will be stuck as the
manager of the duck.

I was thinking DUKE. Its simple really. UNIX is pronounced YOU-NIKS not
UH-NIKS. So go with a long 'U'. Or, Digital UNIX = DU ---> Dee U
Cluster --> DUKE. I can definitely deal with that! ;-)

I will summarize the results of all the help I receive from the DU/OSF1
Wizards.

Mike
Mike Hatz
UNIX Team Lead