errors on test

From: Santosh Krishnan x2815 <santosh_at_heplinux1.uta.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 18:53:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

We had a recent campus wide power failure that affected all our systems.
When the power was restored, I received the following error and don't know
what to make of it. The systems seem to boot up and work fine, but the
error exists, all the same.

Upon power up, the >>> prompt is displayed. At that prompt, I type TEST.
It starts testing and displays the following:

INIT-S-CPU...
INIT-S-RESET_TC...
INIT-S-ASIC...
INIT-S-MEM...
INIT-S-NVR...
INIT-S-SCC...
INIT-S-NI...
INIT-S-SCSI...
INIT-S-ISDN...
T-STS-ASIC - OK
T-STS-MEM - OK
T-STS-NVR - OK
T-STS-SSC - LK401 TEST
? T-ERR-SCC-LK401 - 0 char rcvd
  T-ERR-SCC-LK401 - char = 700

?? 003 SCC 0x0050

   84 FAIL

I am assuming this has to do with the network card. What does this error
mean and what should be done to fix it? In addition, my log files have
been reporting ln0: lost carrier every now and then. The system does not
crash, but if it's losing carrier, then that's not good.

Any suggestions, solutions, etc?

Sincerely
Santosh Krishnan

* LINUX System Admin | Phone: (817)272-2815 *
* Center for High Energy Physics and Technology *
* The University of Texas at Arlington *
* Arlington, Texas 76019 *
* Fax: (817)272-2824 *
* supervisor_at_heplinux1.uta.edu *