DNS Problem on DU3.2c

From: Surash Natarajan <SURASH_at_omc.otis.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:57:00 -0400

Hi,
Today I tried to configure our Digital AlphaServer 2000 4/233 running on
Digital Unix 3.2c to become a DNS secondary server. I used the
/usr/sbin/bindsetup script to configure the DNS. The problem that I have
is after a successful configuration I tried rebooting the server and at
the console I am unable to get X/Windows display. All I get is the
normal text login screen. If I remove DNS using the same
/usr/sbin/bindsetup, everything is back to normal and I am able to get
the X/Windows display on the console.

Any response will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Surash Natarajan
Otis Engineering Center
surash_at_omc.otis.com