From: Sam Washburn <samw_at_toccoafalls.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 10:12:35 -0400

 I got a response before I got my request back from the list. Go figure! ;)

Marc Heinzmann responded saying:

seems like your tracroute it not SUID
-> # chmod 1711 /usr/sbin/traceroute

Gee, you mean it doesn't have permission to get the socket? I'll thank you
while I hit my head against the wall. Thank you! (wham)

(In other words, "I should have noticed that!")

sam