vdump format

From: Rich Mayfield <rich_at_pdc.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 10:44:48 -0700

This may/may not be the proper forum...

Does anyone know much about the "vdump" format
itself? It obviously isn't compatible with "dump"
(from what I can tell). One can learn about
the "dump" format through the dumprestore.h
header files under /usr/include. No headers
appear to exist for vdump.

One reference I found through a web search was
that "VDUMP was written 10 years or more ago
by one of our users in Tigert Hall." Are the
sources, or part of the sources, available for
public consumption?

Rich Mayfield