PrintServer V5.1 & lpr options

From: Brian Briscoe <brianb_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 19:27:26 -0700

Hi !

At present we're serving our LPS20 and LPS17 printers queues from an ULTRIX
box using LPS v3.2, but we've got to move them to a server running DU 3.2C
(asap according to my boss).

I've got PrintServer 5.1 installed on the new box with a comparable queue
setup, but testing has shown that lpr ignores -K -I and -N, even though the
man page says they should be ok.

lpspr provides the same functionality but is only usable on the host that
the printserver software is installed on. In desperation I tried puting
lpspr on the workstation I was using for testing, but it looks for a local
/etc/lpsodb.

Is there a way of getting lpr to work as it should ?

Or have I got to install printserver on 35 workstations ?

Or am I missing something blindingly obvious ? probably ...;-)

Thanks in advance

Brian Briscoe
brianb_at_dial.pipex.com
OpenVMS & D.UNIX Systems Manager