[SUMMARY - the sequel] - Invalid database header

From: Susan Rodriguez <SUSROD_at_HBSI.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 13:23:43 -0700

Sighhhhhhhh.....

As I noted in my last summary, I was uncertain that simply making the
error messages about DDR disappear had really solved my problem. Alas,
it took many more hours of combing through the jumbo patch to find the
real root of my problem.

For those of you who have yet to deal with the jumbo patch
(duv40b00004-19970808), let me give you fair warning - be very careful
which patches you select. If you are using the the dupatch utility, I
would not trust it to tell you what patches are safe for your system.
Fortunately, my 4100 is a test system specifically for DU4.0B and Oracle
7.3.3.3.3. So re-installing was only a headache for me.

It will totally depend on what software subsets you choose for your
original install, how the jumbo patch behaves. Until I really combed
the patch documentation, I experienced problems with ddr_config, kernel
builds, getting CDE to start on the console, etc. There is an option
from dupatch to load ALL patches - I wouldn't if I were you.

The only other observation I can make is that adding the patches in
small groups seemed much more successful.

Good luck and beware large patches,

Susan