SUMMARY: where is lint?

From: Ellen Davis <daviser_at_email.uc.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 09:27:16 -0400

My original question:

> I cannot find lint on my system (DU 4.0b). I have a man page for it, but
> cannot find the lint executable. Do I have to install some optional subset?

Thanks to all who replied:

Steven Johnson
alan
Pam Woods
Stephen LaBelle
Robert L. McMillin
Brian C Hill

Stephen summed it up best:
I have it on my DU 4.0B system. Its part of the "Software Development
Software Subsets", which are optional. The specific software subset is
OSFSDE410.

On my system its location is:

                /usr/ccs/bin/lint

There is also a link to from /usr/bin:

                /usr/bin/lint

Robert had a good suggestion:
If you can't find something, do the following:

        cd /usr/.smdb.
        grep something *.inv

and you ought to be able to deduce from the name of the file that
'something' appears in what package needs to be installed.

 Ellen Davis
 Ellen.Davis_at_uc.edu