narrowing scope of vdump

From: Jim Parker <jparker_at_latrade.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 14:34:00 -0400

Hi,

I attempted to run vdump on an nfs mounted file system; it ran OK, but
will only backup the
entire filesystem from / (root dir).

For example, if a file system is mounted as: /hello/goodbye
when vdump is run, it backs up /, /etc /usr, etc. etc. until eventually
it gets to /hello/goodbye
(which it never gets to because I kill the job first)

I tried the -D command, that seemed to work, but only for the
directories (no files)

For example: if a file system is mounted as: /hello/goodbye
when vdump -D is used, /hello/goodbye and all of the sub-directories are
copied, but no files that
exist within these directories are backed-up.

I tried a bunch of other commands, but still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks (to anyone who can help).

Jim