hit directory-level limit

From: Sunny Siu <xxsiu_at_omega.uta.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:54:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hi OSF managers,

A user in our campus runs a script to continously create a subsirectory
below a subdirectory until the number of subdirectory hits the Unix
limit.
Like: while (1)
        mkdir x
        cd x
      end

I tried to remove the whole directory tree with /bin/rm -r but
fails with the error message "Permission denied" though I run it as
root.

I also go to the leaf of the directory tree and start remove the
subdirectory one at a time but also fails.

The only thing that I can do is to go the leaf and move the directory
from one location to another, but the problem persist on another
location.

How can I remove this directory tree which cause problem to my backup?
Thanks advance for your help.

--
--Sunny Siu
  Unix system admin., ACS