Q: xhosts + functionnality without being logged in ?

From: Guy Dallaire <gdallaire_at_gustave.revenu.gouv.qc.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 08:52:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Is there a way to have xhost + functionnality (permit anuone to display on
our screen) without actually having to start a session (go past the login
dialog) and type xhost + on the display that we want to give away ?

What we would like is that the console of some machine be accessible by any
other machine automatically after bootup.

We know that by doing this, everyone will be able to send pictures of the
boss on the console but we don't care.

We tried putting an xhost + in an rc3.d script, but that did not work
because we were not actually using X at this time.

We can do this with Exceed (I mean, we can use another workstation to
display X apps in the exceed windoweven before we are logged in) by going
in the security options and enable any host acess to the screen.

What should we do in a dtlogin (CDE) and an xdm environment to enable that
kind of behavior ?

Thanks !