Max bytes/line in a file?

From: Geoff Baysinger <geoffb_at_hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:34:13 -0500

Does DU4.0b have a max number of characters per line in a file? I'm using
an editor (pico) that wraps any lines with more than 256 chars. I've
successfully compiled it to allow 1024 chars, but want to make sure that
this will not have an impact down the road. I only use it for text scripts
(I hate vi and I hate emacs). I would like to increase the value further
but am reluctant to push my luck.

(note: if this is not a problem for the filesystem, anyone who has the same
problem with pico can increase the value for "NLINE" in 'estruct.h' and
re-make the program)