hosts.lpd

From: Bill David <wdavid_at_accustaff.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 20:33:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

We've got an Alpha running Digital UNIX v3.2C acting as (among other
things) the primary print server for our corporate office. All our
other servers and PCs at this site send their print requests to the
machine via lpd. Right now, every time we add a machine, or a machine
name changes, I have to update the /etc/hosts.lpd file to reflect the
new name. Is there a way to enable print requests from all machines
without specifying them individually, and without using
/etc/hosts.equiv?

Thanks,
-Bill