tape error

From: Miguel Avillez <pancho_at_galaxy.ce.uevora.pt>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:04:54 +0000 (WET)

Hello all,

I connected an external tape streamer to a Alpha 255/266. The SCSI ID of
the tape streamer is 2; there are no conflicts with the scsi devices.

THe system rebooted and recognized the tape streamer.

Now I'am trying to /sbin/restore -i and gotr the following message:

Tape read error: Error 0

I tried the same thing in other machine and everything worked ok. Could
anyone please give me some hints about this error message?

regards

miguel