About Server System MIB Agent

From: Lim Kean Heng <khlim_at_altek.com.my>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:19:16 +0800

Hi Managers,

I got a temperature sensor installed on a AlphaServer 4100, and I enable
the Environmental Monitoring feature on that machine. Currently, I can
get the temperature reading on AlphaServer4100 by using
my4100> /sbin/sysconfig -q envmon
envmon:
env_current_temp = 20
env_high_temp_thresh = 40
env_fan_status = 0
env_ps_status = 0
env_supported = 1

According to the document :
http://www.physics.umn.edu/support/dunix/AA-PS2RE-TE_html/CHPTR014.HTM#SERVER-PARAMS

there should be a Server System MIB Agent, which can export a subset of
the Environmental Monitoring parameters specified in the Server System
MIB so that I can monitor these value through POLYCENTER NetView v4.1.

Does anybody know where I can get the agent (need extra licenses?) and
how to configure it on AlphaServer 4100 ?

Thanks in advance!

Lim Kean Heng
e-mail: khlim_at_altek.com.my