SUMM:Re: Lexmark printers and osf (fwd)

From: Pam Woods, Systems Manager <axsymgr_at_UAA.ALASKA.EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:54:32 -0900

We found the real trick is to get your windows 95 cdrom out and
add a "generic" to file: printer ... we kept chosing the "lexmark"
drivers which was a big mistake.

We're using the "rpm" software in a trial situation. Also available
is a "Niprint" software. But basically you just need a lpd software
on your windows 95 machine and then all works pretty well.

I've included the one response I got. I hear you can also somehow
use a nfs client on the pc and have it find the file on the actual
host and not bother transfering it to the pc. But that wasn't
an option for our site.

________
Pam Woods - axsymgr_at_uaa.alaska.edu