cxx compiler error

From: Matt Moore <moore_at_shemp.bucks.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:06:20 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone seen a problem like this? This is a pretty simple program
and compiles and runs fine under g++. We're using DU 4.0b and CXX v5.5.

>When compileing the cxx file below, the student received the following
>message:
>
>Assertion failure: Compiler internal error - please submit problem report
>GEM ASSERTION, Compiler internal error - please sumbit problem report
>Fatal error in:/usr/lib/cmplrs/cxx/gemc_cxx Terminated

#include <iostream.h>

int main()
{
  int x=0;
  while (x < 100)
  {
   x = x++;
   cout << "X = " << x << endl;
  }
}

Matt Moore N3LPH Bucks County Community College
E-mail: moorem_at_bucks.edu Swamp Road Newtown PA 18940
Windows 95: A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a 2-bit company
who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.