disklabel & swxcr

From: Mike Grau <m.grau_at_kcc.state.ks.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:57:28 -0600

4.0b patch 0005

Having changed the partitions once on a re1, how do I do it a
second time?

I have a RAID 5 disk composed of 3 rz29's originally partitioned
as per disktab. I want to double the "a" & "b" partions at the
expense of the rest of the disk (g). I doubled the swap partition
using the CDE interface. Everything seemed OK. However, I am unable
to change the partitions a second time. The gui fails referring me to
the man page. The command line:
   disklabel -rw re1 swxcr
fails, complaining about modifiying the size of an open partiton.

Do I need to re-initialize the re1 with the swxcrmgr each time I
re-partition a disk. Or do I first need to break the re1 up, disklabel
each rz29's as such and the re-create my re1?
I have since done a "disklabel -z re1". Not a good idea?

TIA ... mg