[Q] sendmail-8.8.8 and NDMB

From: Sean O'Connell <sean_at_stat.Duke.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 14:43:15 -0500 (EST)

Hello-

I have built sendmail-8.8.8 on a Digital Unix 4.0B machine with the
re-release jumbo patch installed (not the latest one). It seems to
work OK except that it cannot rebuild the aliases table with greater
that 36 aliases when built with:

  DBMDEF= -DNDBM

I get a segmentation fault and it dies. However, if I build
it with the

  DBMDEF= -DNEWDBM

option, newaliases seems to work just fine. I am curious if this is
only relevant under 4.0x or if this will also happen under 3.2x (as my
mailserver is actually 3.2c) which do not have the NEWDB installed on
them. Is NDBM incompatible with the new cc (I haven't yet tried cc
-oldc)?

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. Am I
missing something obvious?

Thanks
Sean

Sean O'Connell                                  Email: sean_at_stat.Duke.EDU
Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences   Phone: (919) 684-5419
Duke University                                 Fax:   (919) 684-8594