tape library

From: Ellen Davis <daviser_at_email.uc.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 17:09:47 -0500

Hi,

I have an AlphaServer 1000A running Digital Unix 4.0b. It currently has 3
drives with a total of 10G space. In a couple of weeks, I am going to add
a 9G drive making total disk space 19G.

I am looking to purchase a tape backup. I currently have a TLZ06 4mm DAT
tape backup. I am considering the TLZ9L 4mm DAT Mini-Library from DEC or
the HP Sure Store DAT 24x6e DAT autoloader (or possibly HP DLT 418
autoloader). Does anyone want to comment on their experiences with tape
devices , especially the above choices?

One person I have talked to has suggested that I purchase a second SCSI
controller for the tape device. Any comments on this?

I appreciate any and all comments as I am not much of a hardware person.

 Ellen Davis
 Ellen.Davis_at_uc.edu