Help - Configure Print Server on DEC 3000

From: Ee Fook Ming <fookming_at_nii.ncb.gov.sg>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 18:05:06 +0800 (SST)

Hello,

Could you please tell me how to configure a network printer (HP JetDirect
4si) on my DEC 3000 running OSF 3.0. I would like to configure the DEC
machine to become a Printer Server. What I have done does not work.
In the printcap file I put rm=machine1, where machine1 is the hostname
of this DEC machine. And rp=hpprt, in which hpprt is the name of the HP
JetDirect network printer. It works when I configure rm=printerserver
in which printerserver is another machine that act as a printer server.
What could be the problem ? May I know if there is a hpnp software
from HP (to configure a print server) for DEC 3000 ?

Please help, urgent.

Thanks for your help.

F.M.Ee
Senior IT Architect