SUMMARY:Upgrade from DU 3.2C to DU3.2G

From: Joana Peres <jperes_at_garfield.fe.up.pt>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:52:35 GMT

Hello!

I'm sorry for the late summary but only last week Digital solve it!

I've received one answer from this list but it didn't solved the problem.

So the solution was:

At the prompt of the console >>> do

>>> set bus_probe_algorithm new
>>> init

and next install the Firmware CD V3.8.

The original question was:
Hello!

I've a Alphastation 600 5/333 with DU 3.2C (with ADVfs) and wanted to
upgrade
to 3.2G.
First I've upgraded the firmware with the CD 3.7 and then upgraded the
OS.

After rebuilding the kernel I shutdown the system and when it rebooted
it
displayed the following message:

panic (cpu 0): setconf: bootdevice_parser failed

DUMP: No primary swap, no explicit dumpdev.
      nowhere to put header, giving up.

halted CPU 0
halt code=5

Bye,
Joana Peres

Joana Peres Internet : jperes_at_fe.up.pt

CICA
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto.
R. dos Bragas