ADVFS - remove clone

From: <mscar_at_kosmo.tenet.utexas.edu>
Date: 19-Dec-1997 01:53:12 -0600 (CST)

HELP! Is anybody _else_ awake at this hour? %-}

I've got a clone fileset on my ADVFS /usr filesystem (left over from a failed
backup).

I tried to "rmfset -f usr_domain usr_back" but after 12 hours I considered it
"hung" so I tried to kill it. The process wouldn't go away so I rebooted the
machine...

Now whenever you try to "mount", "showfsets", "showfdmn", "rmfset" ... I get a
message saying that the clone is out of sync with the original fileset (duh!)
and that I should not attempt to use the clone.

Well, I'm not trying to USE the clone, I'm trying to REMOVE IT. Arrrgh!

Now I can't get the system up past Single-User because it always hangs after
getting that message. (This machine is my mail server, no less, and has
already been down for about 2 hours.)

Can anyone tell me how to nuke this clone fileset? Or, at least, how to mount
the original filesystem and ignore the clone?

Many thanks.

--
Mark Scarborough
System Administrator