telnet access & ACLs

From: Didier Godefroy <godefro_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 20:36:57 -0500

To all who know about ACLs:

I haven't got any feedback about my problem of telnet access for users, linking
it to the ACLs that I'm also trying to setup...
I came to the conclusion that ACLs have the best chance of being responsible for
my user's not being able to telnet the system... After doing a whole lot of
poking around, I think it's the most probable cause, but even after removing the
ACL entries which I think could create problem, the problem is still there,
there could be an ACL somewhere on some directory or file that prevents the full
logon of a user. When adding a user to the group system, that user gets to
logon without problem, so I think it must be related to the group access.

What I need to know is what files and directories are accessed during a user
logon, that is besides the user's own home dir and files, the passwd and group
files in the /etc dir and maybe the login and telnet commands in /bin or
whatever... Are there any other files that must be accessible for full logon?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:godefro_at_ibm.net