SUMMARY :Swrks RAID Array Software & DU4.0x

From: <a.m.abreu_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:21:02

Hello managers,

I almost gave up yesterday after half a day trying to install
SW RAID Array Software in DU4.0B .
Yesterday late,before I went home I posted the question to this list.
And when I arrived at work today early in the morning the solution
was waiting for me.

Thanks for their fast, concise and useful responses to :
Miguel Fliguer
Jeff Venator
Albert De Knuydt
V.S. Glukhov
Bob Sloane
Thanks to the list.

The problem is that SW Raid Array Software installation script looks for the "old name"
of DEC C++ libraries CXXSHRDA??? and the installed libraries are
CXLSHRDA???
The solution was to change X for L in the script instctrl/SWXCRMGR111.scp
Now it's installed and working

Only a curious thing to notice : during the installation infinite messages
like :
tar: ready for volume 2
tar: type go when ready to proceed .....
tar: offset [xxx + 358] : continuing
tar: ready for ....
and so.
I aborted this (ctrl-c) but when I verified with setld -v the verification
was succesfull and the product is working. ?

Thanks again to all for help .

Ada

a.m.abreu_at_usa.net