SUMMARY: Offsite cloning of NSR backups

From: <jdhudso_at_nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 12:23:34 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to:
Jef HamLin
Chris H. Ruhnke
Stephen Mullin
Viktor Holmberg
Ryan Ziegler
Stephen LaBelle
Tom Webster
Ed Bolson

If I understand correctly, a future release of NSR will address my situation by
allowing me to use another node in our network as a "storage node". In fact,
DEC (Compaq) support says NSR 5.2 is being released this month.

Some suggested running the backup from the remote site. For various reasons,
we don't want to do that here. Another option would be using homemade script(s)
, probably using the dd utility, to duplicate the data to the remote location.

I will wait until we receive the latest NetWorker package with "storage node"
technology.

Dixon Hudson
jdhudso_at_nswc.navy.mil

Original question: