soundcard on AlphaStation 200

From: Stephan K. Zitz <zitz_at_erf.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:52:20 -0500

We have several AlphaStation 200's here at the lab and are trying to get
cd-rom audio to be piped through the soundcard.

We can use decsound, etc. . . to play on-filesystem .wav files. We can
use audioselectports to select several different type of input ports, yet
we can't select port #3, as it doesn't seem to be supported.

Is this input port #3 the cd? If so, how do we enable it? If not, what do
we have to do to get cd-audio piped through the soundcard.

NOTE: actual playing of the cd works, as we can plug headphoens into the
      jack in front, and hear music through the headphones.

I checked the log files, just in case, and it seems someone asked the same
question waaaay back in '95; there was no response nor a summary.

TIA

--Stephan