[SUMM] Using tunefs

From: Susan Rodriguez <SUSROD_at_HBSI.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:20:10 -0700

Thanks to all who replied. There is a lot of good info, which is
included below.

In summary, the man page on tunefs is wrong. You can't change the
minfree setting on a mounted filesystem. You CAN unmount the
filesystem, change the minfree, then remount. I tested it; it works
fine. If you do it mounted, it appears to work, but the available space
remains the same.

The optimization setting is determined by an algorithm, so the default
setting that you specify may not be used.

Thanks again to all,

susrod_at_hbsi.com