Summary-How do I get my disc back?

From: Ramanujan, Preethi <preethi.ramanujan_at_iga.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 12:11:30 -0400

HI all

Thanks a lot to Russel Morrison- [russel_at_huey.met.fsu.edu]
 Balaji -[digital_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu]
Dion Rivera -[dion_rivera_at_hotmail.com]
Harry -[singhh_at_vrinet.com]
simon.millard_at_gemini.barclays.co.uk

Basically it looked like the file system was corrupt .And since data on
the disk was not important to my team here ..and just being able to
have access to the disc yesterday was very critical. I took the
created a new disklabel and created a new file sytem
on the disk.
disklabel -rw rz6 rz28
At the # prompt disklabel -e /dev/rrz6c
newfs /dev/rrz6c

Original Post

There seems to be a problem with a disk drive on my DecAlpha Server
400 system running Unix 3.2c. All of a sudden I am not able to access
the disc /dev/rz6c. It does not show up with the df command. A boot also
does not help. The disc does show up when I do >>> show dev. So the
system is definitely seeing the hard disk. But during the boot process
it comes out with a /dev/rrz6c No such device or address error. Can't
open filesystem . The fsck -p also gives me the same response. Any
inputs on this will be a great help.