DEC-UX 4.0b patch kit 8 : SUMMARY

From: <DINMAN_at_aladdin-asi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:43:02 -0500

Original message is below.

Reply from DEC-Engineering.
Patch Kit 8 has some problems that they are working on right now.

I do not know if this reply is for my specific configuration only OR a
general thing with patch-kit-8 for DU4.0b.

If anybody is installing it, I suggest good full backups as a safety measure
before anything else.

Note-- addition on my configuration. Firmware5.33, HSZ50 controllers, ADVFS
on everything, LSM Not installed,

Originally planned for installation of patchkit-8 to fix a problem with
system panics when doing clone file sets on a large (81gig) fileset with
multiple one gig plus databases.

Dale Inman
Unix Systems Admin
Aladdin Industries