SUMMARY:How to Determine File Age

From: Wayne Sweatt <sweatt_at_dps.state.nm.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:13:27 -0600

The answer (best) was to download and compile the GNU findutils.
The GNU version will differentiate file access, modify time down to the minute.
Why the standard "find" isn't recompiled to have the same capability, I don't know.
I guess that's why there's a GNU Project.
I got my findutils-4.1 from ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/GNU/ I suggest if your system is still somehow "GNU free" , get the gcc compiler to compile it with.
Thanks to :
John Hascall
Bill Boddy
Stuart McKenzie ( Had a date/awk combo script example)
Kenneth Forward
Anthony Talltree

The Original Question:

I would like to know of the easiest way to determine via a shell
which files in a given
directory are more than 30 minutes old ,1 hour, etc. (something less than a day).
I can think of some convoluted ways ;like grepping out the
create time of the file,
convert it and the 'date' to a corresponding integer and compare
>,< or maybe a combination
of touch and find -newer, BUT is there a short, simple command to do this??
I've got an Alpha 2100 running DU 4.0b.
Thanks,

Wayne Sweatt