SUMMARY: Re: collapsing IPs

From: Alan Angulo <alan_at_esu.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:53:15 -0400 (EDT)

This is the summary of the procedures I will try when we move from a
routed network to a switched one.

1- via netsetup I will delete network interface tu1
2- I will append the command that will add the IP information from tu1 to
/etc/inet.local so the alias remains active even after a reboot. An
example follows:

   ifconfig tu0 alias 123.123.123.123

Thanks to: Jim R Jones <Jim_R_Jones_at_notesbridge.cummins.com> for his
comments about why moving to a switched newtork is not a good idea.

My initial question follows: